Claude Ponti is one of France’s most celebrated children’s writers and illustrators. His works create captivating fictional universes through wordplay and illustrations of incredible detail and beauty. Ponti found his vocation as a children’s author with the birth of his daughter, Adèle, for whom he created his first picture book, L’Album d’Adèle. He has since won numerous awards, including the 2006 Prix Sorcières Spécial for his lifetime achievement.
“Children’s literature is an intimate soul-to-soul exchange between the reader and the author.” – Claude Ponti
- Explore Le Muz, an online museum of artwork made by children, founded by Claude Ponti in 2009.
- Visit Claude Ponti’s webpage at l’école des loisirs.
- Take a peek at Claude Ponti’s topiary creations in Nantes, with a video here.
- In this blog post, Wallace B Thom compares the work of Claude Ponti to Antoine de Saint-Exupery’s The Little Prince.
- Listen to extracts of an interview with Claude Ponti on France Inter.
- Read interviews with Claude Ponti at France TV, in Diversité, and on L’Alamblog.