Daniel Hahn is the author of a number of works of nonfiction, including The Tower Menagerie. He is one of the editors of The Ultimate Book Guide, a series of reading guides for children and teenagers. His translation of The Book of Chameleons by José Eduardo Agualusa won the Independent Foreign Fiction Prize in 2007 and his translation of Agualusa’s A General Theory of Oblivion was shortlisted for the Man Booker International Prize in 2016. He has translated the work of Philippe Claudel, María Dueñas, José Saramago, Eduardo Halfon, and others.
- Visit Daniel Hahn’s website.
- In this article in Slate, Daniel Hahn forcefully argues for the need to translate more children’s literature into English.
- Daniel Hahn gives translation tips for English PEN.
- Read Daniel Hahn on how to review a translation.
- Read Daniel Hahn’s articles and reviews in The Guardian.